Welcome to the Oklahoma Code Enforcement Association!
This website contains information about OCEA, including conferences, classes, and more! Learn how OCEA offers understanding and perspective to code issues.
Calendar of Events/Announcements!
Bullet list of events/announcements:
- 2019 OCEA Fall Conference: Will be held at Ponca City at City Central in the Summit Conference Room on October 3, 2019, 8am - 5pm. The address is 400 E. Central Avenue, Ponca City, OK 74601. This conference is free to all OCEA members and lunch is provided. The price is $50 for non-members. Attendance at this conference will provide all the training hours necessary for the CEU's required to maintain state certification for this year. Even though attendance is free for members, you MUST still register for the conference so we will have an accurate count for lunch as well as adequate tables/chairs for the event. We look forward to seeing you there! Registration and class information is available here.
- Membership dues increased starting July 1, 2019 - The membership voted at the 2019 Spring Conference to value add AACE pass-thru membership for every member for an additional $15. The OCEA dues remain at $35, then $15 for the AACE pass-thru membership, for a total of $50. The membership also voted to change the dues cycle from calendar year to fiscal year. The new fiscal year is July 1st - June 30th. So, current members expiration will not expire until June 30, 2020 instead of December 31, 2019. Any new member joining OCEA after June 30, 2019 will pay the new $50 rate.
- The Basic Code Class Schedule - November 20-22, 2019 is the last scheduled class for 2019. The 2020 clases are: February 19-21, 2020 (room P111/112); August 26-28, 2020 (room P111/112), & November 4-6, 2020 (room P109/110). If a class doesn't have enough students enrolled, then those enrolled will be notified and they will be moved to the next scheduled class date. Basic Code classes are three full days and all classes start at 9am. All curriculum has recently been updated. Please contact OML using the 'Contact Us' link to enroll. All classes are held at the South Penn Campus of the Moore-Norman Technology Center, located at 13301 S. Pennsylvania Ave., OKC, OK 73170. ICC Preferred Provider Class #9367.
- The Next Property Maintenance Class - April 23-24, 2020. Classes are two full days and start at 9am both days. All curriculum has recently been updated. Please contact OML using the 'Contact Us' link to enroll. All classes are held at the South Penn Campus of the Moore-Norman Technology Center, located at 13301 S. Pennsylvania Ave., OKC, OK 73170
- ICC Preferred Provider: All OCEA training is ICC certified via AACE.
- 30th Annual AACE Conference: Bloomington, MN, October 21-25, 2019. We hope to see you there!
- Click here to see the AACE video & brochure for the Importance of Code Enforcement Campaign!
* Director of Community Development - City of Perry
* Electrical Inspector/Code Enforcement Officer - City of Duncan
*MNTC" is the acronym for Moore-Norman Technology Center